Thursday, April 12, 2012

Challenge #85 - Material Girl!

Welcome back for another fun 4 Crafty Chicks' Challenge!  We've got a fun one for you this week but you might find it a bit challenging.  :)  I know most of us have used ribbon and twine on our cards but how many of us have used fabric?  Probably not as many as you'd think.  So, this week, my challenge to you is to use fabric/material on your project - and ribbon/twine doesn't count!!!  Yes, I'm making it difficult but that's why they call it a challenge, right?  You could use burlap or canvas or cotton....the possibilities are endless.

For my card, I used some felt.  I picked up a bunch at the dollar store in town and have been using it a fair bit lately:


And here's what the rest of the fabulous design team created for us this month - Heather and Casey are back together for the whole month!  Thanks again, ladies!

Heather

Her fabric/material is the tulle in the flowers.


Kasey
Her fabric/material is from a bag she made for her Mum - it was some she had left over...lovely.

Her fabric/material is the stamped image, colored and used Spellbinders to cut it out.

Her fabric/material is the felt clouds using a MFT die.

Tamie
Her fabric/material is the felt flowers on her card.

Are you ready to play? If you would like to join us for this challenge, please link directly to your post (not just to your blog), using Inlinkz below. If you are uploading your project to an online gallery, please use keyword 4CCC-85 (eg: Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, etc.)

Thanks for playing along with the 4 Crafty Chicks!
 

7 comments:

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh wow! These are all so lovely!!! I just found you through Kasey's blog (I'm new there too). ;) Can't wait to join in some of your challenges!!!

XO ~ Amy Jo (New Follower)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

great reminder to incorporate fabric into my SU! cards! And I just re-found the fabric too! Looks like you've sparked some ideas in my mind!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous!

Teresa said...

Great idea for a challenge ladies, I love all the inspiring DT cards. Thanks for the great challenge. Hugs Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous samples girls, love the diversity!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Ggreat creations form the ladies!! I loved using material on my card!!
Kristan

CG said...

Thanks for the fun challenge! Love the DT projects; I've got to visit everyone's blogs for all your tricks!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS